Guide to apply Part Time Jobs for MM2H Participant
Qualified MM2H participants aged above 50 are allowed to take up part-time positions to earn income in Malaysia. The part-time positions can be as a lecturer or working in any local Malaysia company. The working hours of the part-time job are eligible for a maximum of 20 hours per week. Income earned is subject to tax, the rate range from 0-26% depends on your tax status during the calendar year. For more info on tax, please refer to www.hasil.gov.my.
The criteria to apply for both categories is as follows:
Guide to Apply For Lecturer Job Under MM2H Program
Document required to apply for Part-Time Lecturer is as follows:
1. Letter of Intention.
2. Letter of Acceptance From Public / Private Higher Education.
3. Letter of Permission From Malaysia Ministry of Education.
4. Proof of advertisement in a local newspaper by the Company for the same position offered to the local citizen
5. Original & Copy of Working Contract from Universities/College
6. Personal Income Tax Relief Letter Form Malaysia Inland Revenue Board (if any)
7. A copy of your MM2H approval
8. A copy of your Passport (info page and MM2H visa)
Guide to Apply for Part Time Job in Private Companies
Document required to apply for Part-Time Job in Private companies is as follows:
1. A copy of your MM2H approval
2. A copy of your Passport (info page and MM2H visa)- certified by Notary Public
3. Your Resume
4. Company Authorization Letter to Representative with a copy of IC
6. Company Letter Explaining Company Activities, Position Offered and Job Justifications
7. Employment Offer Letter with a duration of Employment Contract, Working Hour, Remuneration
8. Latest Print-Out Company Documents (Form 9, 24 & 49 (must be verified by Companies of Malaysia).
9. Business License From Local Authority
10. Recommendation Letter From Related Agency (whichever related):
Education: Ministry of Higher Education / Ministry of Education
Health: Ministry of Health
Manufacturing: Malaysia Industrial Development Authority
Banking, Financial & Insurance: Bank Negara Malaysia
Security: Securities Commissions Malaysia
11. Advertisement in local newspaper / Job street for the intake of local citizen.
12. Completed DP 10 Form.
13. Personal Income Tax Relief Letter from Malaysia Inland Revenue Board for Salary Above RM 10,000 (if any)
Timeline of processing: 30 days, all approval subject to MM2H approval committee’s sole discretion. For MM2H participants aged below 50, you start your business investment, click here for more!
Feel free to send us your inquiry on your job offered application and to evaluate your eligibility for the part-time jobs.